CSP’s New Look

August 8

Welcome to my new blog!

Let me begin by saying that I am so thankful you are here. My business is nothing without those of you who come back each day and support my dreams. For this, I am grateful.

Now on to a bit about how I’ve landed here today. This very moment is one of the proudest of my life! Never did I ever think I’d be in this position today. I started my photography business my spring semester of college, 2008. I had just returned from studying abroad in Florence and felt like I had this new lease on life. I couldn’t put the feeling into words but all I knew for sure was that I wanted to do something big with my life. I had seen so much in Europe and had a taste of what could be if I really applied myself. Photography had always been an interest of mine and I had a couple of classes under my belt at IU. At the recommendation of a close family friend, I started taking photos of children and started my first blog.

Y’ALL! They say you’ve got to start somewhere, right? Well – this is right where I started. It’s a mix of emotions to look back at that blog. It’s almost like seeing a photo of yourself circa 7th grade and thinking to yourself, Why didn’t anyone TELL ME?! All the while, though, I’m incredibly humbled. My first blog was my seed and where I planted a dream – a dream I had no idea would take on a life of it’s own and lead me to this moment.

On the side, I took up an internship at NUVO magazine photographing events and restaurants all around Indianapolis. It was there that my boss Jim Poyser told me about Megan Wynn, a wonderful photographer and even better person based out of Indianapolis. I won’t ever forget that day! I remember coming home to check out Megan’s work and I immediately messaged her to pursue meeting and assisting her. Β I began second shooting with Megan at weddings and what I didn’t expect was this awesome friendship to form. To this day, Megan is one of my dearest friends and I’m so thankful that she gave me a chance and believed in me.

I assisted Megan at several weddings and continued to photograph families and little kids. I started my second blogΒ in late May, 2009. I began taking on weddings on my own. My second blog was where this dream of mine truly morphed into so much more than a hobby I enjoyed – it became a place I felt comfortable sharing my heart. I began networking and putting myself out there more. Meeting new people continues to be one of my favorite activities ever! I was blessed with the opportunity to attend aΒ Jasmine Star workshop out in California in February of 2010. I met a group of talented, aspiring photographers there who I continue to keep in touch with. I met Anna Kim at this workshop, an incredible photographer based out of Maui, and one late night I received an email from Anna telling me about Lara Casey and Making Things Happen. I knew very little of Lara Casey and nothing about Making Things Happen. I investigated and so loved the idea behind this movement. I commented on a MTH post on Lara’s site saying what I wanted to make happen for myself. This was August 16, 2010 – a little under a year ago:

Hi there! I’m Caitlin. I’m a 23 year old Hoosier, born and raised. Family is everything to me. I started my photography business a little over a year and a half ago. While I’ve seen growth, my biggest fear is complacency. I’m scared of finding a place I’m comfortable in and staying because it works and I can get by in life. I don’t want to simply get by. I want to dream BIG(ger than I could ever imagine for myself), both with my business and in my personal life, and learn how to better follow through with these dreams and see them come to fruition. Thanks so much for this opportunity.

Next thing you know I’m flying out to San Francisco, November of 2010 for a Making Things Happen intensive.Β This was the real game changer for me. Here I met Lara Casey, Emily Ley, Gina Zeidler and a small group of amazing women with huge ambitions for living their best lives doing what they love. Together we shared our hopes and dreams and encouraged one another every step of the way. It was an emotionally trying day, but one that I needed to experience. I had struggled with looking at the successes of others and feeling unworthy of that and the biggest thing I learned from MTH was that I am worth it. This photo was taken of me at the end of my MTH experience.

149219_463938059343_236493009343_5334231_7898401_n-1

It’s a crazy thing to look back at this photo now. That very moment was a catalyst to where I am right now. Empowered – I was just that. MTH gave me the courage to dream bigger and the confidence to make life happen in the face of fear.

Shortly after my MTH experience, Lara Casey and Emily Ley started offering Making Brands Happen. In hindsight, the stars were aligning and God was totally playing a hand in all of this. I was ready to take my business to the next level and what better then to do so with two women who had literally seen my heart laid out on the table? These are two women that I want on my team! I began the rebranding process in February. Here we are now:

My heart sings! I’m so thrilled to say that my new logo is how you will find me today: Bold, bright, hopeful and confident CAITLIN.

Just a few days ago I was out to lunch with a dear friend of mine. I was telling her about these past few years and how every moment has made up this beautiful, divine tapestry of events that have lead me to this moment. I wouldn’t have found out about Making Things Happen if weren’t for Anna. I wouldn’t have known Anna if it weren’t for the Jasmine Star workshop. I wouldn’t have attended the workshop if it weren’t for my friend Megan. And so on and so forth. I paused and smiled.

My friend pointed to the sky.

There is no truer statement than to say I am where I am today thanks to God and a fire within to live my life doing what I love. I’ve never been more grateful in my entire life than I am in this moment. My future is BRIGHT and I’m so excited to have you all here for the ride.

This is just the beginning, friends.

So much love,

Caitlin

Posted in Personal

22 Responses

1. Emilia Jane says:

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So beautiful! And SO excited for you girl!!!

2. Megan Wynn says:

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! I’ve been hitting “reload” ALL day waiting for this!! I am blown away C! All your hard work has paid off!! Everything looks brilliant and I am so beyond proud girl! You inspire me and your friendship makes me a better person. I can’t wait to continue celebrating with you!! Love you!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

3. LOVE the new branding…Fits your personality so well!!! Congrats!!!

4. What a WONDERFUL, heartfelt journey you’ve shared! Your brand/blog/design is GORGEOUS! I can’t wait to see all the talent you have still yet to share. πŸ™‚ After seeing your debut, I can’t wait for my own MBH debut in a few short months. πŸ˜‰

5. Michelle says:

YEEEEEESSSSSS!

I’m loving this.

I attended MTHNYC 2010 and am getting rebranding by Lara and Emily as well.

You Rock!

6. So so so happy for you, Caitlin! πŸ™‚ Loved reading your story and seeing God’s wonderful hand in it all. Congratulations to you on your launch and on arriving at this wonderful place in your life. MTH love!

7. Lara says:

Happy grateful tears! God is so good and we are so blessed to get to know you more and see you SHINE in this process! This is just the beginning, my friend. I’m so excited for all of your future clients!

8. Linnea says:

Ahhh, Caitlin, your new website & blog are so beautiful! I loved this post. This is my first time visiting your site, but already I can’t wait to learn more about you – your story is so inspiring to me. I attended MTH 2011 in Pensacola just 2.5 weeks ago and have already seen so many changes in myself and my work. I can tell that you have worked so hard to be here right now… thanks for inviting all of the MTH alum to celebrate with you :o) Yaayyyy Caitlin!

9. Katie says:

I am so excited for you!!! Your new brand is just perfect for you and all that you stand for! I am obsessed as usual with all of your amazing pictures. Can’t wait to see what you will be up to next!!! Love!

10. Jan Lesnikoski says:

Congratulations Caitlin! Bold and Bright you are. Wishing you tons of success and looking forward to see how things evolve. Hello to your family,I am sure they are very proud of your success.
    All the best!
    Jan

11. Gail says:

In LOVE with everything Caitlin. The look, the feel, the YELLOW (my fave color!)

You SHOULD be proud. Your work is amazing, my dear and this is too!

12. Lauren @ ELD says:

Caitlin I love love LOVE this!!!! πŸ™‚ Yayyyyy!

13. G says:

I am so proud of you, Caity. Love you to pieces. You are truly an inspiration to all you meet.

14. Beth says:

So. Exciting. I’m beyond proud of you and I can’t wait to celebrate with you. Love you, little sister.

15. Molly says:

Caitlin,

You are so my kind of person. I’m thrilled for you. Even though we spent all of one day together at that very Jasmine workshop, I feel like we are kindred spirits. Your branding is practically perfect in every way. I love it and I love you. God has beautiful plans for you. Thanks for letting me watch from afar. Congratulations!

16. nicole says:

this is beyond fantastic caitlin! my favorite quote you wrote was “my heart sings!” .. ahh!! you are so wonderful. πŸ™‚ i’m extremely happy for you!!!!!

17. Emily Ley says:

Caitlin!! I have NO WORDS for how excited I am! You’re such a light (just like Gina said!) and I can’t WAIT to see what happens from here. Watch out world!

18. Karen Rez says:

Caitlin. Your new site was worth all of the hard work you invested. Your amazing exuberance spills out into your words and your inner gift from God is reflected in your images. May you be blessed with continued success and the faith to follow His plan for you. We will be watching! xo

19. Courtney says:

Caitilin your new brand is beautiful and you said it perfectly “It makes my heart sing”. Your blog post is so inspiring to me as I am on the same journey right now. Congratulations!

20. Sierra says:

Hi, Caitlin! I LOVED reading this. Your journey perfectly puts into words how so many people (like myself) have been moved by MTH and/or MBH. Every single day, I count myself so incredibly lucky to be able to work for Southern Weddings, with Lara herself. The energy of strong women like Lara, Emily, or Gina (and my SW co-workers) is SO contagious. The site is beautiful, and I can’t wait to see more. Congrats!

21. Jessica Barker says:

Congratulations! Your brand is beautiful and your story is truly EMPOWERING. I haven’t met you, but am good friends with Gina and adore Emily although she and I haven’t met either. I hope to add Lara to my list of friends someday. πŸ™‚ PLUS, I’m planning to go through Making Brands Happen next year. WOOT!

22. Jennifer says:

Caitlin, your site and work is beautiful and you’re a wonderful writer also. I loved reading your story.